8th Feb

Yesterday we cut the scarphs and shaped the ends of the outer inwhale pieces and test-fitted them. We also shaped the breasthooks.

Today we had intended to glue up the outer inwhale pieces both sides, using brass screws to fix the inwhale pieces to the short blocks and so leaving us plenty of clamps to clamp the pieces to the long blocks. However, the screws were not man enough to pull the rail in tight against the blocks so we ended up using all the clamps (over 30) on one side. We will do the other side tomorrow.

You can never have too many clamps

You can never have too many clamps

This entry was posted in Building the boat. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply